Contemporary Italian Restaurant is seeking an Experienced Chef with High Energy and a Passionate Personality
DEEP KNOWLEDGE OF ITALIAN CUISNE AND CULTURE A MUST!!!
Multi location Restaurant Group is seeking a Chef de Cuisne who is a positive team builder, with good training skills and good personal organization.
Experience working in a corporate environment helpful.
The Chef de Cuisine position is responsible for overseeing culinary program and achieving the quality standards. The Chef de Cuisine will manage the kitchen facility, operating systems and manage BOH team. Responsible for creating a culture of hard work, fairness and hospitality, maintaining target food and labor cost. Most importantly, the Chef de Cuisine is responsible for a consistently positive guest experience,
- Liaisons with GM to ensure open lines of communication are maintained.
- Is responsible for controlling food inventory, maintenance of the kitchen equipment, housekeeping and sanitation, according to all legal guidelines.
- Plan purchases based on budgetary guidelines. Submit all culinary invoices to accounting.
- Recruit, hire and coordinates training of culinary staff.
- Represents, communicates and ensures that employees understand and act on the vision of the owner.
- Oversee the weekly culinary staff schedule.
- Responsible for managing activities for back of the house. Plan and schedule daily food production in relation to anticipated demand
- Ensures food quality, presentation and production cost controls are maintained.
- Oversee lunch and dinner service.
- Ensure opening and closing procedures are being followed.
- Organization Create, and oversee, sous chef, and line cooks and prep cooks, and required job roles and training.
- Legal Compliance - Monitor the workplace and administer Non-Harassment Policy to ensure that there is a congenial work environment for all employees, and all local, state and federal laws are met.
- Training - Assist in recruiting; responsible for training, certification, on-going development, scheduling and supervision of department staff in accordance with company policies and standards and all service issues.
- Mentoring - Knows the job standards for each position within the kitchen and instructs employees in the correct execution of them. Provides performance feedback, coaches, counsels and recommends personnel and salary actions on employees based upon performance. Carries out performance appraisals and recommends appropriate salary actions for employees.
- Staff Standards - Ensures that all employees are in uniform and on their assigned station.
- Holidays assist in the planning and promotion of holiday offerings.
- Communication - Coordinates activities with the Dining Room and Bar Managers to ensure the staff is fully aware of and trained regarding all issues related to correct food service.
- Culinary Standards - Constantly checks execution and timing of food production.
- Guest Relations - interacts with guests in the dining room, ensuring exemplary guest pleasure.
- DOH Ensure the restaurant in built out and maintained to achieve an A Grade, and that team is informed and trained in food handling laws
- FOH/BOH Coordination work with the owner, GM to create and optimal coordination between front and back of house.
- Responsible for managing the Kitchen, including: food, labor and other controllable costs such as safety, security, sanitation and maintenance of equipment.
- Responsible for inventory and cost control.
Associated topics: cafe, commercial kitchen, culinary, dining chef, head chef, lead, prep chef, restaurant chef, sushi, tavern