Meggitt is a global engineering group specializing in extreme environment products and smart sub-systems for aerospace, defense and energy markets. We employ over 11,000 people across manufacturing facilities in Asia, Europe, North America, with regional bases in India and the Middle East.
The project engineer provides significant expertise on complex electromechanical engineering issues and acts as a professional resource for the team. The engineer designs and develops a variety of mechanical components and systems for products and coordinates with others in the role of project engineer.
Job Core Responsibilities
- Will be required to develop design concepts for AC/DC motor actuators for modulating and on/off valves used in bleed air and environmental control systems of airplanes:
- Provides mechanical design expertise to develop new products and/or to support improving existing mechanical products, with a primary focus on electric motors and electromechanical actuators.
- The candidate must have a good command of basic engineering principles required for electromechanical actuator design. These skills include the ability to calculate force margins, perform simple stress analysis, and be capable of sizing valve components.
- The individuals responsibilities will include the managing of different projects from the proposal stage (including concept development as well as generating written technical proposals) to the certification process (including writing test procedures and managing the test program).
- Meet cost, schedule, and specification constraints for new product introduction and/or achieving higher yield in assembly and test, resolving customer and reliability concerns, and addressing changes to requirements post qualification.
- Perform value analysis during the product design phase while minimizing product development costs (design to cost process).
- Maintain project files and appropriate records of work. Complies with standard design practices and procedures applicable to the aerospace industry and specific to MCS.
- Reduce costs and improves mechanical design and development processes, using best practices and professional knowledge
Education Level: (Required): Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
Field of Study/Area of Experience: Post-secondary degree in Engineering or equivalent combination of relevant education and work experience that will allow successful performance of job expectations.
5+ years of experience relevant to aerospace electromechanical actuator design and development and fluid control products
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
- Demonstrated expertise with complex mechanical engineering solutions.
- Experience in design and developing some or all of the following types of products is desirable: electromechanical actuators with brushless or brush type motors and solenoids. Familiarity with high temperature electromechanical bleed air controls.
- Expected to lead in the assembly, development, and qualification testing of their product. Acts as a technical lead for a project, providing knowledge and expertise for colleagues
- Proficient in electric motor and actuator design. Proficient in understanding and working with multi-generational design practices (2-D drawings, CAD and 3-D modeling and drawings).
- Familiar with structural and performance analysis techniques and able to execute design level rough analyses.
- Ability to improve products or services by applying professional and business knowledge.
- Effective interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills to drive tasks to completion.
- Familiarity with new product development practices applicable in an aerospace industry environment.
- Excellent written communication and verbal communication skills
- Excellent customer service orientation
- Good interpersonal skills
- Strong prioritization skills
- Decision making skills
- Well-organized, detail-oriented, and ability to multi-task
This position requires use of information which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
Meggitt is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact a Human Resources Representative at 1-855-###-#### or [Click Here to Email Your Resum].
Associated topics: business, cost efficient, industrial engineer, manufacturing engineer, methods engineer, project, sap, supply, supply chain