- $48,520.00 -81,710.00/year*
Hospitality - Food Services
200e E 24th St
Maialino is looking for PM Pastry Cooks to join our team!
Founded by CEO Danny Meyer with the opening of Union Square Cafe in 1985, Union Square Hospitality Group has created some of New York s most beloved restaurants, cafes, and bars such as Gramercy Tavern, Maialino, The Modern, Marta and Porchlight to name a few!
We are a Values-Driven Company that is committed to creating great work experiences for our people with lots of growth opportunities for advancement.
As an important member of our team, you ll receive:
- Full Health, Dental, and Vision insurance
- Paid Time Off to support you in having an active life outside of work
- Paid Parental Leave (yes! even as an hourly employee!)
- Money to spend in our restaurants and a 20% discount (and we ve won 28 James Beard awards)
- Discounts toward gym memberships, spas, transit passesandhotels just to name a few
- Matched 401(k) to help you invest in your future- and you can take it with you when you leave
- Access to more than 50 Learning and Development programs to support your growth & development
- Access to Mentor Programs and Career Development advice to help you navigate your career options with us
What You Bring to the Table
- Commitment to embodying ourFamily Valuesof :
- Integrity- Doing the right things always- using soundjudgement- even when no one is looking
- Excellence- Doing what needs to be done, as well as it can possibly be done
- Hospitality- Doing all that can be done for others- and more than in expected- in thoughtful ways that let people know you are on their side
- Entrepreneurial Spirit- Seeing opportunities others haven t-and creating opportunities others wish they d thought of first
- Ability to demonstrate classic cooking techniques
- At least one year of professional kitchen experience
- Senseof urgency and comfort in a fast-paced environment
- An understanding ofDepartmentof Health food safety standards
- Strong communication and listening skills
- Ability to stay positive and calm under pressure
Ideally, You Also Have:
- At least1 year Restaurant/Bakery/Kitchen experience as a Pastry Cook or relevant position.
- Culinary Degree or Certification
- Advanced knife skills and ingredient knowledge
- Ability to multitask
The Pastry Team at Maialino is a large part of the Culinary Team employing 13 full-time cooks, up to 2 interns and 2 sous chefs. There are 4 shifts within our team in order to accommodate the large variety of items prepared for the restaurant, a retail and online program, as well as the Gramercy Park Hotel.
Our pastry kitchen is structured for learning and growth. All of the shifts offer different skills and challenges. Thiswell roundedpath pushes the team to learn a wide variety of techniques from laminating dough to making gelato. We uphold high standards of excellence and consistency. It is paramount that we always put the best of the best in front of our guests.
All of our products are madein house, using quality ingredients and sound pastry techniques. We like to say that dessert should be a warm hug at the end of your dining experience. That is what we strive to do, create the most delicious desserts that make you feel great.
When you join the team at Maialino you are really becoming part of a new family. It is our top priority that everyone is happy, healthy and loves to come and do their job. The work isn t easy or glorious. It can be hot and hectic, but the result is definitely sweet!
Check it out: maialinosweetstogo.com
More detail about Maialino part of Union Square Hospitality Group, please visit
Associated topics: chef, chief chef, commercial kitchen, executive, grill chef, lead, service manager, sous, sous chef, sushi
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.